Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Make The Days Count

I sit inside a coffee shop and write my first official blog. Sun out, and some perfect South Florida weather. Happy first day of Spring! :) Who can complain?? I hope to never let the chaos of life ever prevent me from appreciating all that my creator gave me! Take a moment and just look outside.. amazing right??

Well today I write for no other purpose than to share a mere thought with friends. Not to get all profound with you, but have you REALLY considered how short time is? I'm not just talking about the fact that its already March and we are headed into spring, I'm talking about how too many of us get trapped into living someone else's dream for us instead of living our OWN.
One of the most common things I hear people say goes a little like this:
"I have been wanting to start for years, but I didn't have the courage, or something always got in the way."

Now here's the truly weird part -- I hear that from people of ALL ages.

Friends, here is the good news: it is never too late start anything. No matter how old you are! But the sad truth is that the only thing you can never get back is LOST TIME!

I feel like too many of us are so afraid of what could go wrong. (and I'm preaching to myself on this one!)
 If I can be completely honest, I envy those who can just pick up a guitar and jam out like it's nothing. So I set myself straight! I have decided that I will be one of those people! For the past couple of days, I have been picking up my brother's guitar and trying to teach myself a chord here and there.. YouTube is the best teacher .. Playing the guitar is not easy but it it SO doable! With perseverance and a lot of practice, I can be as good as I hope to be. I am keeping myself accountable!
So whether it's learning an instrument or running a marathon,  if you're 16 or 42, IT'S NOT TOO LATE! Get closer to your goal today and  push yourself everyday toward that direction!
Do not say that you will start tomorrow, because the trouble with that is you THINK you have time.
I'd rather live a life of oh-well's than a life of what-if's. I encourage you to do the same!

Time is precious ... waste it wisely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment